Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Can We Talk?

I am having a really hard time with the Republican Clown Car Debates these days. I need someone to help me understand the silliness of what is going on. Last night I watched Fox Business News' Debate and for the first 90 minutes I was engaged and interested. But during that 90 minutes, I saw and heard some of the most outlandish double talk it has been my displeasure to hear this election season.
From Ben Carson's ridiculous statements about minimum wage is unneeded because right out of college he worked in a lab and they didn't pay him a "high salary" to Donald Trump going on about how his business is so great he can fix the government, it all had my head swimming.  It makes me wonder how desperate are rational thinking folks, whom I normally respect, that they are clamoring for any of these people?
All this year I have listened to these people pontificate about how they will "fix the country"; Donald Trump even wrote a book with that as the title.  I have yet to hear ANY OF THEM say they are running to HELP THE CITIZENS.  Donald Trump, before the debate had the unmitigated nerve to say, "once I am elected we will ALL say Merry Christmas".  I think what is easy to forget, especially when these people are tossing raw meat to the madding crowd, that America is not a Christian nation!  The so-called "forefathers" decried separation of church and state, right?  In THIS country, Christians, Jews, Muslims, agnostics, atheists, Protestants, Wickens, Buddhists, or what ever, are supposed to have an equal voice here.  No one group is SUPPOSED to rule.  But truth be told, Christians have been the dominant religious group here for a long time, but we have all supposedly worked together to make sure we all benefit as a nation.  When the Klan does not like a group, they do all their narrow minded evil asses can to keep that group scared and intimidated.  With comments like this, is Donald Trump pandering directly to THEM?  When he says he will round up 11 million illegals and send them back to Mexico, does any Holocaust survivor NOT shudder?  Shouldn't Japanese Americans who either lived through or were raised by those who were relocated to internment camps during WWII sound an alarm?  Are we now really now Germany of 1929?  Have we slipped into a country on the lines of a Taliban controlled Afghanistan, where we are forcing a singular brand of religion onto the populace?  Or is this just something a lot simpler?
Is this just a case of candidates saying the most outlandish bull shit to gin up their base of supporters so that they can look good in the polls, knowing full well that the things they say now, have no basis on how they'd plan to govern?  There is such a danger in poking that tiger that it should be noted that the anti-gun control rhetoric of 2010 and before caused a crazed man to shoot and kill people gathered to hear Arizona Congresswoman Gabby Giffords speak.  That attack resulted in Congresswoman Giffords suffering brain damage and life threatening injuries herself.  Extreme pandering is not a game, it can rile up the wrong people to wrong action.
I don't want to understate what I am about to say.  I want to anyone reading this to fully understand my points.  The only person on that stage last night who made ANY sense, who talked somewhat rationally was John Kasich.  I don't take what I say lightly.  I can honestly say that I am not sold on any candidate on either side of the aisle right now, I have issues with just about all of them.  I say just about all because quite honestly I cannot name ALL of them.  It is just way too many to track all and take all of them seriously.
Please Americans, please, don't swallow the crap being said at these debates, look at the records of the people who vie to lead you.  If I were to need brain surgery, I would never choose Donald Trump over Ben Carson to do that surgery.  If I were to need business advice I would never choose Dr Carson over Donald Trump.  If I honestly believed that this country was in need of professional leadership, professional governmental leadership, why would I want a doctor or a businessman to TRY and figure it out, on the fly?  We had a "businessman" as President for 8 years already; how did THAT work out for us?

No comments:

Post a Comment